The F.F. Thompson Foundation is awarding 16 area nonprofit organizations with Mary Clark Thompson Grants ranging from $300 to $2,500.
The foundation is the philanthropic arm of UR Medicine Thompson Health. Each year, its grants committee reviews applications from not-for-profit organizations offering programs that improve the health and wellness of the community within the Thompson service area. This year, the grants totaled almost $20,000 in funding.
This year’s recipients are as follows:
• Arthritis Foundation of New York, for its Western New York Juvenile Arthritis Family Day;
• Benincasa, for general operations at the two-bed home for the terminally ill;
• Bridges for Brain Injury, for kitchen sanitation equipment
• Canandaigua Emergency Squad, for its community safety and education program;
• Canandaigua Kiwanis Foundation, for its Inclusion in Motion playground;
• Child & Family Resources, Inc. for its Healthy Families Healthy Eating Project;
• Clifton Springs Library, for its Community Garden
• Community Reading Partnership, for its Healthy Families Start with Books initiative;
• Family Promise of Ontario County, Inc., for its Bridges for Hope program;
• Geneseo Parish Outreach Center, for diabetic medication and dental services support;
Happiness House, for an outpatient clinic sit-to-stand aid
• Ontario ARC, to purchase clear masks for hearing-impaired individuals;
• Partnership for Ontario County, for prevention education fliers;
• Pathway Home of the Finger Lakes, to purchase a motorized Hoyer lift;
• Serenity House of Victor, Inc., for facility repairs on the home for people receiving end-of-life care and their families;
• Sonnenberg Gardens, Inc., for utility garden supplies.
Local philanthropist Mary Clark Thompson founded F.F. Thompson Hospital in 1904, in memory of her husband, Frederick Ferris Thompson. Her spirit of community-minded philanthropy was the motivation behind the creation of the community health grants.
To review the guidelines for applications – which are due each spring – visit www.ThompsonHealth.com/Foundation.