Lisa Smith, a Rochester-based internist and pediatrician, was elected to serve as president of Monroe County Medical Society during the 2019-2020 period.
Smith completed her combined internal medicine-pediatric residency at URMC in 1999. She is dual board certified and a fellow in the American College of Physicians.
She recently joined the Primary Care Network at URMC after nearly 20 years in private practice at Ridgewood Med Peds in Greece.
As a clinical instructor, she has been teaching internal medicine/pediatrics (med-peds) residents during continuity clinic and practice-based rotations throughout her career.
Smith has been a member of Monroe County Medical Society since 1999 and a board member since 2014. She was a delegate to the Medical Society State of New York (MSSNY) house of delegates in 2018. She previously served on the Rochester General Physician Organization board of directors from 2007 to 2016.
She also enjoys her membership in the George Washington Corner Society for the History of Medicine as well as her long term involvement in P.E.O., a women’s Philanthropic Education Organization.
In addition to her appointment, the Monroe County Medical Society also welcomed other officers at the society’s 198th annual meeting on May 1. They are:
President-elect: Edith Grannum, a family practice physician in solo practice at The Family Medicine Practice of Edith Grannum MD;
• Secretary, Susan Danahy, a board-certified diagnostic radiologist at Borg & Ide Imaging;
• Treasurer, Christine Chruscicki, a double board-certified child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist.
• Member-at-large: J. Chad Teeters, executive medical director of accountable health partners and a practicing cardiologist and chief of cardiology at Highland Hospital;
• Member-at-large: Balazs Zsenits, an internist who also serves as chief medical information officer at Rochester Regional Health; and
• Immediate past president: Surinder Devgun, a gastroenterologist at Rochester Gastroenterology Associates, LLP;
The new board of censors are (all physicians) Wade Hedegard, Shylasree Krishnan, Joseph Fullone, Matthew Witmer, Rachael Wojtovich and Lori Medeiros.
Delegates to the Medical Society of the State of New York are (all physicians) Arthur Hengerer, Allison Giordano, Raymond Lanzafame, John McIntyre.
New hospital representatives (all physicians) are: James Haley, Unity; Jennifer Muniak, Highland; Robert M. Kerper, Strong Memorial; and Derek J. tenHoopen, Rochester General.